KFC BOTSWANA TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The Promoter is Baobab Energy Botswana (Pty) Ltd (“The Promoter”) trading as KFC Botswana.
2. All competitions are open to ONLY Botswana Residents above the age of 18 and in possession of a valid identity document and or passport, except directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants of or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter or marketing service providers in respect of the promotional competition, or the spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members, or anyone who within a period of 183 days preceding this competition has won any competition organised, promoted, or conducted by the Promoter, or who resides at the same address as such a winner, or who uses the same telephone number to enter this competition.
3. Competition opening and closing dates will clearly be communicated at the time, and any entries received after midnight on the last day of the competition will not be valid and not be considered.
4. All prizes won are not exchangeable for cash and not transferable and all winners will have to claim their prize within 30 days of being contacted as a winner in Botswana and at that time identify themselves with a Botswana identity card or a Botswana passport, their Cell phone number which they entered the competition with and sign a receipt for any prize received or provide an address in Botswana. Failure to claim the prize or a refusal or inability to comply herewith will disqualify the winner and a new winner may be drawn in their place at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
5. All risks in the prizes pass to the winner upon notification of having won a prize. Where necessary, the winner shall ensure that all prizes are insured against all risks including damage to the prize as well as damage to third party property and persons. Such insurance is for the cost of the winner and neither the Promoter nor any other party associated with the competition will be liable for the costs thereof or be liable should such insurance not be in place at the time of awarding the prize.
6. The Promoter shall have the right to terminate the competition immediately and without notice for any reason beyond its control. In the event of such termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of this promotion and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter, its agents, and staff.
7. For Delivery customers, kindly opt-in when ordering your meal on our WhatsApp portal or contacting a call-centre agent and the store you ordered from will enter your slip in the boxes provided.
8. All guarantees for any tangible prizes which are won are carried by the manufacturer and or supplier thereof and not by the Promoter who finds the purchase of the prizes but is not the supplier thereof and the Promoter makes no warranties, whether explicit or implied with respect to the prizes.
9. Participation in any competition constitutes acceptance of the competition rules and entrants agree to abide by the rules.
10. You will be required to provide your full name, physical & email address and other related information when entering any competition. The Promoter and its affiliates will collect and use your personal data listed herein to enable your participation in this competition and for related online activities. Your personal data will be used to enter you in this Competition and for the Promoter’s, its affiliates and subsidiaries’ marketing purposes and, by participating in the Competition, you consent to the transfer, storage, and processing of the data in Botswana and our e-commerce platforms, which consent may be withdrawn at any time by written notification to the Promoter. The Promoter shall keep your personal data to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations. The Promoter will not use your personal data for a different purpose without first obtaining your permission. The Promoter shall not allow third parties to use your personal information. The Promoter also has the right to photograph the winner for publicity activities.
11. By providing a submission, you warrant that it is your own original work and that you are the owner of any intellectual property therein and grant the Promoter and its affiliated companies the perpetual royalty free right, except where prohibited by law, to use the contents thereof for any purpose whatsoever and to use your name for Competition purposes in promoting or publicising the Competition, including right to name the winner(s) of the prize(s) in public and/or any social media forum. The Promoter, however, does not have any obligation to use the winning entries for any purpose. The Promoter reserves the right to request that any images taken of the winner or staff be used for marketing purposes in any manner they deem fit, without any further remuneration being made payable to the winner, which request the winner may decline. All entries become the property of the Promoter. By entering this competition, the Promoter reserves the right to communicate with you at any time during or after the competition and you may opt out from receiving such communication at any time.
12. All entrants indemnify the Promoter, its advertising agencies, advisers, suppliers, and nominated agents against all claims, damages or losses resulting from their participation in this Competition arising from negligent acts or omissions of the Promoter.
13. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Promoter on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Competition or downloading any materials in this Competition.